The University of Benin (UNIBEN), announces the release of her JUPEB Admission Forms for the 2018/2019 academic session. As such, the University, in collaboration with the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for the 2018/2019 session.
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate, which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB.
Application Resumption And Closing Dates
Application Resumption Date – 4th June, 2018. Time: 12:00am
Application Closing Date – 17th August, 2018. Time: 24:59pm
a) Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five
b) (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB)
c) All the combinations shown in the table meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc.
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly non-residential programme.
Mode Of Application
Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university web site www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) The fee excludes bank charges.
The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- ON the uniben website,
- Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK
- Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2018/2019 Link.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out application after reading instructions on the page
- Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Government/Literature in English/CRS,
History/ Literature in English/CRS
Economics/Government/Literature in English
Subject combination is the same as for numbers 1,3,4,5,6,7 and 8.
3) Management/Social Sciences:
Government/Literature in English/CRS
5) Life Sciences:
6) Physical Sciences:
9) Agricultural Science:
Mode Of Study
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin,. Lectures will be conducted from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Note The Following
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application
- Only coloured print out will be
- Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- Candidatesare to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
Application Closing Date
Application Closes at Midnight on Friday, August 17th, 2018.
Entrance Examination Date
The Entrance Examination into the Foundation Programme will hold at the University of Benin on SATURDAY, August 25th 2018.
Mrs. O. A. Oshodin
2 Replies to “2018/2019 UNIBEN JUPEB Admission Announcement”
After jupeb will I go straight to 200 level or 100 level
Please does UNICAL run JUPEB program