The French Institute of Oriental Archaeology (or IFAO) and CEDEJ are in a partnership to jointly award scholarship opportunities to individuals who have the desire of pursuing a PhD degree in Egypt.
The scholarship amount is 12 monthly payments of 1 000 euros net per month (in addition to the granting of a round-trip flight ticket).
The beneficiary may, at his/her option, receive this scholarship either for 12 consecutive months starting from September 1, 2018, or for 12 months spread over two years from September 1, 2018 till August 31, 2019.
Deadline for application is 31st May, 2018.
Eligible Field Of Study
Scholarship is in Human and Social Sciences on contemporary developments of Egyptian society in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- Applicants must be International students.
- Applicants must hold a Masters or an equivalent degree.
How To Apply
- ID Photocopy
- A curriculum vitae in English or French
- If the candidate has not register for the PhD yet: a certificate of Master’s degree or equivalent, or alternatively, a certificate of registration for the second year of the MA for the year 2017-2018
- If the candidate is already registered for the PhD: a registration certificate of the University for the year 2017-2018;
- A research project presentation, in a maximum of ten pages, in French or English
- Two recommendation letters in English or French
Applications are to be sent via electronic form on or before 31st May, 2018 to;
For more information, visit the official website