What you are about to read is several useful tips on how To Pass Post UTME and secure admission into your
choice school and course of study in 2015/16 irrespective of what the statistics of applicants are saying. You may call it leaving above the crowd! In-between these pack of secrets are links to resources and tools that will set the pace for you.
Warning: Don’t read this if you are allergic to success! This is for you irrespective of your school, be it UNILORIN, UNN, ABU, FUNAAB, YABATECH, UNILAG, OAU, DELSU, UNIZIK, FUTO, UI, MOUA, UNIUYO, UNIPORT, etc.
1. Understand the exam type: before you can pass any post-UTME exams, you will have to understand the nature of the examination. Ask these vital questions before the exams; is the exams computer based? Or is it paper and pencil test? How are they setting the question? How many questions are my expected to answer? What type of questions are my expecting? It it essay type questions? Is it multiple choice? This information will enable you to know how to prepare better for the upcoming examination.
2. Read Consistently: Of course you chose the path to study, so reading should not be a hobby anymore to you. Make consistent reading your culture. Read well and read wide. The secret of above 300 in your Post UTME Exams lies in reading persistently. Having gotten the pattern of the exams, set up a reading timetable and follow it religiously. Your goal is to get admission, so you should give priority to it until you achieve it.
3. Buy Past Question: Getting past questions for the previous years is a top shot. These past questions will not only give you insight into the pattern of the exams but it will help you to brainstorm while practicing it and predict the possible questions you are expecting.
4. Join Extramural Lessons: This has proven to to be a very effective means of scoring high.
5. Be Punctual To Exam Venue: No matter how you prepared for the exams, it will become an absolute waste of energy if you do not arrive at the exam venue on time. Arriving early at the exam venue will give you the opportunity to be adapted to the environment, for instance you are travelling to a far place for your exams. You will also have the opportunity to be part of the orientation talk with respect to the exams. If your university of choice is in another state of very far from your location, I will advise that you travel a day before the exams.
6. Bring writing materials: Make sure you go to the exam hall with all the required exam materials and avoid going with any other thing that can implicate you.
7. In the exam hall: What ever that happened and the expected result depends on what you are doing in the examination hall. Below are the basic tips;
(a) Pay attention to instructions : Do exactly what you are told to do and avoid doing what you are not told to do.
(b) Prayer Matters: You have to invite your creator to help you in the exams you are about to take.
(c) Consult the timing of the exams: Check the time allotted for the exams and compare it with the number of questions you’re given. This will give you insight to how much time should be spent on a particular question.
(d) Use your brain: You have to apply what ever you read before the exams, aside from that, the time you spent to read will become totally wasted. Scan through the options before reading the questions. Read every question slowly and attempt to answer it. If you can’t decipher the correct answer, read it slowly again and attempt to answer. If you don’t have any headway, just leave it and go to another one.
(e) Time yourself : Timing in the exam hall is very paramount. If you are answering 100 questions for 1 hour, you have to calculate it out. There are 60 minutes in 1hour for me to use it and answer 100 questions. That means I have 0.6 minutes to answer 1 question.
As simple as that. So if you try to answer a particular question without answer, leave it to another to same time for other questions. After you can come back to revisit the questions that you
(f) Shade the Correct Answer : This exam is called aptitude test. It is meant to test your common reasoning. These are cheap questions. Read each question carefully and attempt your answer.
Take note, most questions might not have answer there in the options. “It is aptitude test”
(g) Shade everything correctly : make sure you shade everything correctly if it is paper and pencil exams. If you are writing on a computer make sure you read more about computer based test to have a flair of the exam situation.
(h) Submit when you are told.