Me Cure Healthcare Limited, was established in 2009 and is headquartered in Nigeria with 7 healthcare diagnostic centers including an eye center which is a state of the art ophthalmic clinic used to diagnose, treat and perform vision related surgeries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Ophthalmic Nurse
Type of Employment: Full Time
• Applies advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development and performance improvement.
Pre-operative/Intra: Operative/Post Operative Evaluation:
• Assist Consultant Ophthalmologists in major and minor operations.
• Keep principles of aseptic techniques in performing surgical scrub, setting instruments, gowning, gloving, as needed for the procedure.
• Takes and monitors’ patients’ vital signs
• Prepares operating room for patient/procedure.
• Daily eye dressing of post operative patients
• Assists in positioning, responding to comfort/safety of patient.
• Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens.
• Observes and enforces strict standards of asepsis.
• Observes, checks and monitors all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are functioning efficiently.
• Handles patient documentation.
• Inventories of all items used during surgery.
• Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operation
Counseling and Education:
• Patient education and counselling.
• Initiates patient educational plan, as prescribed by the Consultant Ophthalmologist.
• Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
• Provides nursing care for patients undergoing surgery.
• Maintain standards of nursing care in pre and post operative planning, implementation and patient care.
• Provides basic, bedside care.
• Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications.
• Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptoms.
• Monitors patients’ physical and emotional well-being.
• Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner and in the appropriate forms and format.
• Stock/inventory taking and maintenance of equipment and material resources
Qualifications/ Skills / Experience
• Possession of a bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Nursing, Ophthalmic or Perioperative Nursing
• Knowledge of nursing and surgical practice, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of current health care environment.
• Ability to maintain favorable public relations and communicate effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all medical and non-medical staff.
• Ability to analyze data to synthesize and summarize information and to make judgments regarding patient care.
• Required Licensure, Certification:
• Current registered nurse license.
• Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS) training.
• Professional experience of at least three (3) years.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]