- Observing and recording patients’ behaviour.
- Coordinating with physicians and other healthcare professionals for creating and evaluating customized care plans.
- In order to provide emotional and psychological support to the patients and their families, RNs create harmonious environment.
- Diagnosing the disease by analyzing patient’s symptoms and taking required actions for his/her recovery.
- Maintaining reports of patients’ medical histories, and monitoring changes in their condition.
- Carrying out the requisite treatments and medications.
- Directing and supervising LPNs and CNAs.
- Checking the stock on a regular basis for maintaining the inventory level, and placing orders if required.
- Changing patient’s medication as indicated by their conditions and responses.
- Adhering with the protocols, norms, rules and regulations in order to maintain complete medical records.
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
- Conducting research for improving the nursing practices and healthcare outcomes.
- Providing instant care during medical emergencies, like car accidents (take a view at Bengal Law to know all the facts), burns, heart attacks and strokes. Also, it is important to hire an attorney even for a minor accident.
- Discussing treatment with pharmacists and physicians in the critical cases.
- Providing necessary guidance on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Keeping an eye on each and every aspect of patient care that includes physical activity plus proper diet.
Position: Staff Nurse/Staff Midwife – GL.07
- Undertaking nursing care of patients in the Local Government Health Institutions.
- Assisting Doctors in the operating theatres and other Departments in the Local Government Health Institutions.
- Feeding patients and undertaking laundry care as well as other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess the NRN or the NRM or their equivalent and must have been duly registered with the Nursing & Midwife Council of Nigeria (NMCN) or the Midwives Board of Nigeria plus at least two years post- qualification cognate experience.
- All candidates must possess strong work ethics, desire to work in result driven environment in any part of the state.
Method of Application
If you’re interested and qualified, visit Lagos State Government career website on jobs.lagosstate.gov.ng to apply.
Click here for more information.
Position: Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse
- Intensive care unit (ICU) staff RNs provide care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions.
- These nurses work in the critical care unit of a hospital or healthcare facility and look after patients who have experienced invasive surgery, accidents, trauma or organ failure.
- Working in an ICU requires careful assessment and monitoring of patient progress in order to watch for sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition that might require emergency intervention.
- ICU staff RNs are responsible for managing medication doses, anesthesia and ventilatory support.
- Critical care nurses should be prepared to work long hours and deal with life-and-death situations on a daily basis. Excellent teamwork, multi-tasking and interpersonal communication skills are essential for an ICU staff RN, as is the ability to rise to challenges and stay calm under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking on this link.
On opening the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Apply now” button.