SCHOLARSHIP ALERT: Apply For 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards…
Since 1974, ExxonMobil upstream affiliates in Nigeria – Esso Exploration and production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) and Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) have supported the education of thousands of Nigerian students through the Companies’ various scholarship schemes.
International and National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards
These programs are sponsored by Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) in production sharing contract with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) as co-venturer. The awards, which focus on Geosciences and Engineering disciplines are part of efforts at developing people for rewarding and productive careers in the petroleum industry. To qualify for the scheme: International Post Graduate Scholarship Awards: The candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in any reputable Foreign University for the international post graduate award. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards: The candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in a recognized Nigerian University for the national post graduate award. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
As at 2014, a total of 123 young Nigerians have been sponsored for international post graduate studies since 1994, while another 159 persons have gone through similar programs in Nigerian universities since 2007. Other schemes sponsored by this partnership include the NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Awards . These scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
Carefully read the Requirement/Eligibility, How To Apply and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more details
Requirements/Eligibility For 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
In continuation of efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is offering Scholarships to outstanding Nigerian graduates wishing to pursue post-graduate studies in the under listed disciplines:
- Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil/Structural, Pipeline, Marine and Subsea)
To qualify, applicants MUST:
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission to undertake full-time postgraduate study at a reputable foreign University (MSc or MEng) in the 2015/2016 academic session.
4. Specialization in Geophysics would be an advantage.
The EEPNL scholarship award applies to tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the selected course of study.
- Application closes Midnight, Friday 9th June, 2015.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted with details of the qualifying test via SMS text and Email.
- Employees of ExxonMobil Subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this Scholarship.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship
Before you start this application
1. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph (with white background not more than 3 months old)
- Valid ID card
- Proof of provisional admission for Postgraduate Study into any reputable university
- First Degree Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Current Curriculum Vitae
2. Ensure you label these scanned documents accordingly, to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
3. Ensure you attach the right documents in the appropriate upload section.
To Apply For This Scholarship, Kindly Click Here Now