University of Uyo, UNIUYO 21st convocation ceremony programme of events and important information to graduands..
he Senate of the University of Uyo wishes to announce to all graduands, parents, guardians and the general public, that the Twenty First Convocation for the conferment of Honorary Degrees, Higher Degrees, First Degrees, and the award of Diplomas, Certificates and Prizes to her 2012/2013 session graduands will take place as follows:
Friday, October 30, 2015
- Inauguration of Projects
- Convocation Lecture – 3.00pm
Topic: The Challenges of University Education in Nigeria in the 21st Century.
Lecturer: Professor Patrick Okedinachi Utomi, Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University, Lekki, Lagos.
Venue: ELF Theatre, University of Uyo, Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo
- Alumni Homecoming, Dinner and Convocation play
Venue: PTDF Auditorium, Main Campus
Time: 7. 00 pm
Saturday, October 31, 2015
- Installation of the Fourth Chancellor, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Adamu Abubakar Maje, CON, Emir of Hadejia and Chairman, Jigawa State Council of Chiefs – 10.00am.
- Conferment of. Honorary Degrees, Higher Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, First Degrees, Award of Diplomas, Certificates and Presentation of Academic Prizes.
Venue: Convocation Arena, Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo.
Information to UNIUYO Graduands.
Graduands are expected to pay the following amounts as applicable to their categories for hiring of gowns, purchase of Order of Proceedings and scrolls at the UNIUYO MicroFinance Bank, University of Uyo, Town Campus:
- First Degree, Diploma and Certificate: Graduands are to pay a total sum of Four Thousand (N4,000.00) Naira only.
- Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma: Graduands are to pay a total sum of Five Thousand (N5,000.00) Naira only.
- Ph.D. graduands are to purchase their gowns at the cost of Forty Thousand (N40,000.00) Naira only, and in addition, pay the sum of Two Thousand (N2,000.00) Naira only, for Order of proceedings and scroll.
- Each graduand should collect academic gowns and invitation cards for his/her guest from Faculty Officers/Secretary, Postgraduate School.
- Graduands who are yet to pay the Three Thousand (N3,000.00) Naira Alumni Association fee are req uested to do so immediately.
- The list of all graduands is available on the University website
RETURN OF ACADEMIC GOWNS
All hired academic gowns must be returned to the respective Faculty Officers and Secretary, Postgraduate School, not later than Monday, November 2, 2015. Graduands should obtain clearance notes from Faculty Officers/Secretary, Postgraduate School. Those who fail to comply with this directive would be required to pay the sum of Two Hundred (N200.00) Naira only, as fine for each day of delay in returning the academic gown.
Arrangement has been made by the Office of the Director of Information and Public Relations for the accreditation of members of the press, Photographers and Video Cameramen not later than Wednesday, October 28, 2015. Graduands should please note that only University accredited photographers and video cameramen will be admitted into the Convocation Arena.
For further enquiries, please call: 08165169726, 07010175407.