ACEPRD Herbal Workshop 2017
The University of Jos African Centre of Excellence in Phytomedicine Research and Development is organizing a Short Certificate Course for Herbal/Alternative Medicine practitioners, Doctors, Pharmacists and other health workers from 23rd – 28th October, 2017. Training will include:
- Traditional medicine knowledge and history
- Cultivation, Harvesting concepts and identification
- Methods of quality control, extraction, standardization ,potency and variability of herbs
- Efficacy and safety of the use of herbal medicine products
- Understanding and application of herbal medicine
- Primary production methods of preparation, for example, infusions, teas, decoctions tinctures. Dosage standardization.
- Principles of toxicology and effect of herb-herb and herb to drug interactions
- How to set up business including ethical and legal issues , keeping records, marketing and business planning
- Apprenticeship and communication skills
Workshop fee– N20, 000 which will include tea break, lunch and course materials
Venue: ACEPRD Conference Hall, Senior Staff Quarters, Bauchi road
Admission Requirements: Minimum of first school leaving certificate or higher school certificate. Interested participants are to forward letter of interest to the email: [email protected] or [email protected] or call08037009165/08093760944
Certificates will be presented at the end of the workshop. Only 40 spots are available.
Mr Monday M. Danjem