Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate degree programmes of the University of Ilorin for the 2018/2019 academic year.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Only Courses available for the session are advertised and as such Candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
- Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly BEFORE COMMENCING the application procedure.
The attached Pdf at the bottom of this page contains a list of available courses.
(A) Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; M.Comm.H.; and M.P.H degrees, with a minimum of 60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score in their Master degree programmes.
- A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 72 calendar months for part-time candidates.
- Relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
(B) M. Phil/Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- Candidates who score between 55.00 and 59.99% can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme.
- The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of 12 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months and a Dissertation is produced after the research work. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. candidature, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration.
- To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. program, candidates are expected to score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session.
(C) MSc. Degree Programmes
- These are available to holders of M.A.; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; M.Com.H., LL.M and M.P.H. degrees and runs for a minimum period of 18 calendar months and a maximum period of 36 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for part-time candidates.
- All Masters Degree Programmes are by course work.
- This is in addition to a research report at the end of which a Dissertation is produced.
(D) Postgraduate Diploma Degrees
- Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree.
- Applicants are to note that programmes automatically lapse at the expiration of the prescribed maximum duration for each programme.
- However, a candidate may apply for an extension of not more than 12 months, in the first instance, subject to a maximum of two such extensions.
Fee Charged For Application
- Application fee for all programmes is N25, 000 only for applicants within Nigeria.
- International applicants will be charged $200.00 only.
Qualifying Examination Dates And Venues
A three-hour qualifying examination for all applicants seeking admissions into Master and Postgraduate Degree programmes, will hold on Saturday, 7th July, 2018, at 8.30a.m prompt in the following venues:
- Faculty of Arts New Lecture Theatre: For candidates seeking admission into Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Arts Lecture Hall and Faculty of Management Sciences and Social Sciences: For candidates seeking admissions into Faculties of Management Science and Social Sciences.
- Faculty of Education New Lecture Theatre: For candidates seeking admissions into Faculty of Education.
- Lecture Theatre I and II, New Science Lecture Theatre and Engineering Lecture Theatre: for candidates seeking admissions into the Faculties, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Physical and Life Science.
- Faculty of Law Lecture Rooms and Theatre: For candidates seeking admission into the faculty.
- Faculty of Communication and Information Sciences Lecture Theatre: For candidates seeking admission into the faculty.
The Qualifying Examination will hold on July 7th, 2018. There will be no formal letters of invitation to candidates for the Qualifying Examination as this advertisement will serve as the invitation.
How To apply
SEE LIST OF AVAILABLE COURSES HERE