2017/2018 YABATECH ADMISSION
Advertisement For Application For 2017/2018 Admissions into Higher National Diploma (Full and Part Time), National Diploma (Part Time) and Certificate Programmes.
Yaba College of Technology is the foremost tertiary institution and highly rated Federal Polytechnic in Nigeria which offers admission into various Full and Part Time Programmes at: Higher National Diploma (HND) Full and Part Time, National Diploma Full and Part Time (ND), B.Sc. (Education) Technical Education being run in affiliation with University of Nigeria, Nsukka and Certificates Programmes.
Applications are hereby invited for admission into Higher National Diploma (Full and Part Time), National Diploma (Part Time) and Certificate programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Only candidates who are of good character and possess a burning desire for high quality knowledge and practical skill-based education with entrepreneurial disposition, are encouraged to apply. The available programmes are as follows:
- FULL-TIME PROGRAMMES
( 2 YEAR FULL-TIME HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES)
- A SCHOOL OF ART, DESIGN B. SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
AND PRINTING i) Science Laboratory Technology
- i)Graphic Design with the following options:
- ii)Industrial Design-Textile Option a) Biochemistry
iii) Painting b) Chemistry
- iv)Industrial Design-Ceramic Option c) Environmental Biology
- v)Book Publishing d) Microbiology
- vi)Sculpture e) Physics with Electronics
vii) Fashion Design & Clothing Tech. f) Statistics
viii) Printing Technology
C. SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY D. SCHOOL OF CIVIL & NATURAL
- i)Computer Science i)Civil Engineering with options in
- ii)Food Technology Structures & Transportation
iii) Hospitality Management
- iv)Textile Technology E.SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL AND
- v) Extension and Management MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
i)Electrical Engineering with Options in Electronics/Telecommunications & Power/machine
ii)Mechanical Engineering with options in Manufacturing & Power Plant.
iii) Computer Engineering
iv) Industrial Maintenance Engineering
v) Metallurgical Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL G. SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT &
STUDIES BUSINESS STUDIES
- i)Architecture i) Accountancy
- ii)Building Technology ii) Business Administration
iii) Estate Management & Valuation iii) Marketing
- iv)Quantity Surveying iv) Office Technology & Management
- v)Surveying and Geo-Informatics Monolingual/Bilingual option.
- vi)Urban & Regional Planning v) Banking & Finance
vii) Professional Diploma in Urban &
- SCHOOL OF LIBERAL STUDIES
Mass Communication HND
- PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
(SIX (6) SEMESTER ND & HND WEEKENDS/WEEKDAY PT PROGRAMMES)
(A) HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (WEEKDAY/EVENING MODE)
- i) Building Technology vi) Electrical Engineering with Options in Electronics/
ii Computer Science Telecommunications and Power Machine
iii) Food Technology vii) Civil Engineering
- iv)Hospitality Management viii) Mechanical Engineering with Option in
- v)Statistics Manufacturing/Power Plants
- ix) Industrial Maintenance Engineering.
- x) Science Laboratory Technology.
(c) Environmental Biology
(e) Physics with Electronics.
(B) NATIONAL DIPLOMA (WEEKDAY/EVENING MODE.
- i)Building Technology x) Hospitality Management
- ii)Civil Engineering xi) Mechanical Engineering
iii) Computer Engineering xii) Metallurgical Engineering
- iv)Computer Science xiii) Industrial Maintenance Engr. (IME)
- v)Electrical Engineering xiv) Printing Technology
- vi)Estate Management & Valuation xv) Quantity Surveying
vii) General Art xvi) Science Laboratory Technology
viii) Fashion Design (& Clothing xvii) Statistics
Technology xviii) Mass Communication
- ix)Food Technology xix) Marketing (ND)
(C) NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) AND HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
WEEKEND (SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS) PROGRAMMES.
- i)Accountancy (ii) Business Administration
iii) Banking & Finance (ND) (iv) Office Technology &
- v)Marketing (HND). Management
(i) General Entry Requirement for National Diploma (ND) Programmes
Senior School Certificate Examination (WAEC/NECO & NABTEB) with at least 5 credits obtained at not more than two (2) sittings, which must include English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects from the minimum entry requirements specified in the current JAMB Brochure.
(ii) Requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are as follows:
- SSCE/JAMB entry requirements for the corresponding National Diploma programmes as published in the current JAMB brochure.
- Relevant National Diploma at not below LOWER CREDIT Grade.
- At least one year Post-National Diploma relevant industrial experience.
- Students for Bilingual programme are to liaise with the Department for preparatory classes in French.
(iii) General Entry Requirement for Professional Diploma (PD) in Urban and Regional Planning (URP):
Applicants for the Professional Diploma must possess Higher National Diploma (HND) at not below LOWER CREDIT classification in Urban and Regional Planning (or related disciplines like Architecture and Estate Management).
(D) CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
SCHOOL OF ART, DESIGN AND PRINTING
- i)Certificate Course in Printing Technology.
- ii)Certificate Course in Photography (1 Year)
iii) Certificate Course in Dress Making (1 Year)
SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY
- i)Technician Certificate Course in Paint and Coatings Technology (1 Year).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should visit the College website at www.yabatech.edu.ng. Click on on-line application and complete the basic details form.
Applicants should pay N11,000.00 on-line using ATM card (Master Card, Visa and Verve) by clicking on PAY NOW (Please note that transaction charges is (N500.00). Kindly complete the on-line application form after payment. Click on Submit to conclude the application process.
Applicants without an ATM card should approach any bank for a reloadable card and load the required amount to enable them pay on-line.
Candidates having difficulty in payment for registration should visit the College website click on complaint link www.yabatech.edu.ng/support or Computer Centre (PTDF) behind the School of Art, Design and Printing, for enquires and possible assistance.
For up to date information, like our Facebook page Yabatech and follow us on [email protected]
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Candidates applying for full time and part time HND must ensure that their transcripts of the ND programme reach the Office of the Registrar, Yaba College of Technology, within six weeks from the date of this publication.
For details on available programmes of study and entry requirements visit Yabatech website at www.yabatech.edu.ng. For further enquiries, applicants should contact the Admissions Department, Room AA 01, Old Administrative Building.
The deadline for submission of application is 6 weeks from the date of publication.
Any application received after that date will not be considered.
Biekoroma C. Amapakabo