Full Tuition LEG International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS), 2018 | Utrecht University, Netherlands
The LEG International Talent Scholarship (LEG ITS) programme offers a number of highly talented prospective international students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes at the Utrecht University.
With this highly selective scholarship programme the Faculty wants to contribute and invest in talented international students who have shown the highest achievement in their career so far. This can be based on their academic quality and results from preceding education or from student’s societal engagement or career vision. Approximately 15 scholarships are awarded per year.
Utrecht University is a university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. Established March 26, 1636, it had an enrollment of 30,449 students in 2012, and employed 5,295 faculty and staff.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Country of Study: Netherlands
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics, and Governance.
With the scholarship students will be able to cover the costs of the tuition fee and part of the living expenses.
- For students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (mainly EU/EEA student): €5.000
- For students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (most non-EU/EEA students): €17.500
- In a 2-year’s Master’s programme, the scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
- Student’s s should be aware that the grant is not a full scholarship, and that it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance study and stay completely. Read more about the budget Utrecht University advises.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 15 scholarships are awarded per year.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidence, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- The student’s career vision, promise in the proposed field of study;
- The student’s societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
In order to be awarded this scholarship student should:
- Have a non-Dutch nationality;
- Hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree;
- Have been admitted to one of the Master’s programmes mentioned above;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable;
- Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from non-Dutch nationality are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship have to apply for admission to the programme before 1 February. There is no separate application for the LEG International Talent Scholarship. An application for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship will be considered an application for a LEG International Talent Scholarship as well. If you don’t apply for a UES (e.g. because you are an EU/EEA student) you have to request in your motivation letter (which is a requested document for your application for admission, see ‘Admission and Application’ per programme) to be nominated for the scholarship. Applications arriving after the 1 February deadline will not be considered for a scholarship in the Master’s programme that starts the next academic year.
Visit the Scholarship Link to apply now
Application Deadline: 1st February, 2018.