Johnson Foundation Fellowship in USA for 2017-2018
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is inviting application for its Health Policy Fellowship. The fellowships are available for for exceptional midcareer health professionals, behavioural and social scientists.
The aim of the fellowship is to support exceptional midcareer health professionals and behavioural and social scientists with an interest in health and health care policy.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is the United States’ largest philanthropy focused solely on health; it is based in Princeton, New Jersey. The foundation’s goal, through the use of grants, is “to improve the health and health care of all Americans.”
Fellowship is available for exceptional mid-career health professionals, behavioural and social scientists.
Fellowship is awarded in the field of health and health care policy.
Fellowship will cover the following:
- Up to six awards of up to $165,000 each will be made in 2018. Fellowship funds of up to $104,000 may be used for the residential stay (not to exceed the fellow’s salary prior to entering the program) from September 1, 2018, through August 31, 2019.
- The continuation of fringe benefits at levels corresponding to the level of stipend support being requested may be covered with the award, and sponsoring institutions may supplement fellowship funds.
Number of Scholarships: Up to six awards of up to $165,000 each will be made in 2018
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Exceptional mid-career professionals from academic faculties, government (including military, U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, and state offices who are not considered government officials under Section 4946 of the Internal Revenue Code)* and nonprofit health care organizations who are interested in experiencing the health policy process at the federal level are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have earned an advanced degree in one of the following disciplines: allied health professions; biomedical sciences; dentistry; economics or other social sciences; health services organization and administration; medicine; nursing; public health; social and behavioral health; or health law.
- Applicants whose official job description or responsibilities are primarily government relations or advocacy are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens, permanent residents at the time of application, or individuals who have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) status by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Because Health Policy Fellows are placed in assignments in the federal government, changes in federal policy or law may necessitate that we consider adjustments in eligibility and grant terms, as well as placements in the program.
- Individual candidates for receipt of award funds cannot be related by blood or marriage to any Officer** or Trustee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, or be a descendant of its founder, Robert Wood Johnson.
Nationality: Applicants from the USA are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have earned an advanced degree in one of the following disciplines: allied health professions; biomedical sciences; dentistry; economics or other social sciences; health services organization and administration; medicine; nursing; public health; social and behavioral health; or health law.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- All documents must be converted to a PDF prior to uploading, in order to preserve your original document formatting. For additional information regarding converting your document to a PDF, refer to the “Upload a Document” section in the “Applicant Guide” which is located in the “Resources”area on the left.
- The following supporting documents are required:
An up-to-date curriculum vitae with dates (maximum of 5 pages).
- A one-page biographical sketch. Refrain from repeating information in C.V.
- To prepare upload and submit the required documents:
- Include your name (last name, first name) in the header.
- Convert each document to a PDF.
- Upload each PDF per instructions in the “Applicant Guide” located in the “Resources” area on the left.
Visit www.my.rwjf.org to apply.