This is to inform the public that applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, (UK) and Soochow University, China.
Unfortunately, please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one year programme, teaching subjects in line with JUPEB Syllabus for admission according to the subject combination groupings below:
SUBJECT COMBINATIONS AND DESIGNATIONS
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Accounting_Business Studies_Economics
DESIGNATION – SFS012
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Accounting_Economics_Geography
DESIGNATION – SFS023
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Accounting_Economics_Government
DESIGNATION – SFS034
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts_Christian Religious Studies_Government
DESIGNATION – SFS045
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts_Christian Religious Studies _Music
DESIGNATION – SFS056
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts _Government _Music
DESIGNATION – SFS067
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts _Literature In English_Music
DESIGNATION – SFS078
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts _Mathematics_Physics
DESIGNATION – SFS089
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Biology_Chemistry_Physics
DESIGNATION – SFS0910
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Biology_Economics_Government
DESIGNATION – SFS1111
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Biology_Economics_Literature In English
DESIGNATION – SFS1212
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Biology_Mathematics_Physics
DESIGNATION – SFS1313
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Business Studies_Economics_Government
DESIGNATION – SFS1414
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Chemistry_Economics_Mathematics
DESIGNATION – SFS1515
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Chemistry_Physics_Mathematics
DESIGNATION – SFS1616
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Christian Religious Studies _ French _ Literature In English
DESIGNATION – SFS1717
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Christian Religious Studies _ Government _Music
DESIGNATION – SFS1818
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Christian Religious Studies _ Government _Yoruba
DESIGNATION – SFS1919
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Christian Religious Studies _Government_Igbo
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Christian Religious Studies _ Literature In English_History
DESIGNATION – SFS2121
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Christian Religious Studies _ Literature In English _Music
DESIGNATION – SFS2222
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Economics _ Geography _ Government
DESIGNATION – SFS2323
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Economics _ Government _Islamic Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS2424
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Economics _ Government _ Literature In English
DESIGNATION – SFS2525
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Economics _ Mathematics _Physics
DESIGNATION – SFS2626
SUBJECT COMBINATION – French_ Government _Islamic Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS2727
SUBJECT COMBINATION – French_History_Islamic Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS2828
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Government _ Christian Religious Studies _Economics
DESIGNATION – SFS2929
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Government _History_Islamic Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS3030
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Government _ Literature In English _History
DESIGNATION – SFS3131
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Government_ Literature In English _Music
DESIGNATION – SFS3232
SUBJECT COMBINATION – History_ Government _ Christian Religious Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS3333
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Islamic Studies_ Government _ Literature In English
DESIGNATION – SFS3434
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Literature In English _ Government _ Christian Religious Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS3535
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Literature In English _History_Islamic Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS3636
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Mathematics_Geography_Economics
DESIGNATION – SFS3737
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Mathematics_Physics_Geography
DESIGNation – SFS3838
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Government_Islamic Studies_Economics
DESIGNATION – SFS3939
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Biology_Chemistry_Economics
DESIGNATION – SFS4040
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts_Government_Islamic Studies
DESIGNATION – SFS4141
SUBJECT COMBINATION – Visual Arts_ Christian Religious Studies _History
DESIGNATION – SFS042
Requirements For Admission
A minimum of FIVE (5) credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained in one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
How To Complete e-Application Form
- Visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
- On the prospective students menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry Admission.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s names.
For University of Lagos Staff Children:
- Click the staff biological child link, provide 5 digit staff ID number and select appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a payment reference number (PRN).
- Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests (excluding Bank Charges): N25,000. 00 (non-refundable).
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the Payment Reference Number (PRN).
- Return to the University website, click on School of Foundation Studies.
- Click on continue Application.
- Log in with PRN and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form, print two copies and bring along to the entrance examination on 13th – 17th August, 2018.
NOTE: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online.
Application And Examination Dates
- The Application opens on Monday, 7th May, 2018 and closes on Friday, 27th July, 2018.
- Examination Dates: 13th – 17th August, 2018.
Mode Of Examination
Computer-Based Testing (Please check the Unilag Website a week before examination to verify your venue and examination date).
Note the following;
- All Questions are Multiple Choice.
- Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects (according to candidates choice of subject combination) of 15 questions each, that is, a total of 85 questions to be answered in 1 hour.
- Students are to report at designated venues – according to the schedule on the Examination Pass.
- All candidates must be at the designated venues two hours before the scheduled Examination time.
Result Release Date
Results and merit admission will be released on the University website on Wednesday, 29th August, 2018.
All Enquiries are to be made to Director, School of Foundation Studies
+234-09093621958 (Please call during office hours only; 8am – 6pm).
Dr. (Mrs) Taiwo F. Ipaye, FNIM
Registrar & Secretary to Council