We are a Multi-Specialist Hospital in Abuja. We are looking for motivated nursing professionals to join our team for the following position:
Role: The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for performing laboratory tests that provide physicians with information that assists them in diagnosing and treating diseases.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Perform tasks, duties and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory assigned (haematology, bacteriology, microscopy, routine chemistry).
• Established laboratory protocols and procedures.
• Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
• Calibrate, standardize and maintain instruments following established procedures.
• Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures
• Validate and report results of tests performed.
• Deliver patient reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual.
• Research and develop new procedures as required.
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
• Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
• Candidate must possess current practicing license.
• Should be able to perform haematological, chemical pathological and microbiological analysis
• At least 5 years post qualification
Key competencies and attributes
• Knowledge and use of laboratory automation
• Ability to use good judgment and work under pressure
• Attention to details
• An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Exceptional client interaction and relationship management skills
• Innovative approach to resolving challenges
Method Of Application:
Please send CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.