We are commissioning Trauma, Cardiology and Fertility Services in our Centre in Abuja and are looking for highly motivated clinical staff to join our team.
Post: Laboratory Scientists
The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for performing laboratory tests that provide physicians and surgeons with information that assists them in diagnosing and treating diseases.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform tasks, duties and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory assigned (haematology, bacteriology, microscopy, routine chemistry).
- Established laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
- Calibrate, standardize and maintain instruments following established procedures.
- Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures
- Validate and report results of tests performed.
- Deliver patient reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual.
- Research and develop new procedures as required.
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
- Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
- Candidate must possess current practicing license.
- Should be able to perform haematological, chemical pathological and microbiological analysis
- At least 5 years post qualification
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Knowledge and use of laboratory automation
- Ability to use good judgment and work under pressure
- Attention to details
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional client interaction and relationship management skills
- Innovative approach to resolving challenges
Method Of Application
Please send CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.