Nigerian Stock Exchange recruitment for an Information Security Manager
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Security Manager
Division: Market Operations & Technology Division
Department: Information Security Department
Report to: Head, Information Security Department
Grade: Assistant Manager – Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Friday, December 1, 2017
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Information Security Manager is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of effective systems security solutions like manufacturing network security. S/he will also investigate and resolve identified systems security breaches, timely and proactive detection.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work actively and closely with the Head, Information Security to achieve enterprise security goals.
- Have the ability to think logically and analyse complex situations for effective, sometimes out of the box solutions and; work with all stakeholders to develop strategic solution options and delivery plans.
- This incumbent will lead the planning and design activities for the enterprise security architecture, under the directives of the Head-Information Security Management; participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) in collaboration with other team heads in the Information Security Management Department.
- Monitor and advice on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended. Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
- Evaluate potential risks to The Exchange’s applications, network and operating systems and introduce countermeasures to address those risks. Identify vulnerabilities and monitor remediation. Pro-actively take steps to avoid security breaches. Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Identifies potential threats to the confidentiality, integrity & availability of the system and network. Identify and architect appropriate security technologies based on risks, policies, and architecture
- Support IT Architecture Review process and evaluate associated security of the proposed architectures
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
- Expected to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches
- Conduct data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans
- Responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network
- Perform other functions as assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have: A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or any related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Information Security, desktop, server and/or network administration
- Relevant information security related certification (such as Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CompTIA Security+, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, etc.) is an added advantage
- Analytical Thinking
- Information Security
- Information Technology Service Operations
- Network and Telecommunications Technology
- Client Relationship Management
- Database Administration
- Ethics Knowledge
- Attention to Detail
- Emotional Intelligence
- Problem Solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st November, 2017.