Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into her Part-Time (Weekend) programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification. Theses awards will be for programmes in the schools listed below;
(A) School Of Communication And Information Technology
- Office Technology and Management (Secretarial Studies)
- Mass Communication
(B) School Of Pure And Applied Sciences
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
(C) School Of Management Studies
- Accountancy, Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Marketing and Public Administration
(D) School Of Engineering
- Computer Engineering,
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Duration Of All Programmes
All programmes are to last for 4 semesters
Entry Requirements (General)
- Minimum of five credits obtained in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates awaiting the results of just concluded examinations can apply but if admitted, they must tender such results before the deadline for the close of registration for new students of 2018/2019 Session.
Requirements For Entrance Examination
All ND (Part-Time) candidates are required to bring the following to the examination centre:
- Two (2) copies of printouts of the acknowledgement and examination slips.
- Biro for filling attendance sheet.
How To Apply For Admission
Candidates seeking admission into the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro are required to complete the Institution’s Application Form available online at: www.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng/portal or applications.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng/applicant with effect from May 9, 2018.
To obtain the admission form,
- Visit the Institution’s website www.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng or www.federalpolytechnicilaro.net
- Click on portal
- On the portal, click on Applicant, then click on Generate Invoice.
- Take the invoice to any of the designated banks for payment.
- Return to the portal, click on Applicant, then click fill application form and fill the form following On-screen instructions.
- The invoice and RRR must be obtained in the name of the applicant; the invoice must be generated from the Portal. The Invoice contains the RRR to be processed. The institution shall not be liable for complications that may arise when RRR is generated and payment is processed without going through her Portal.
The authorized banks for this exercise are:
- United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- SKYE Bank Plc
- UNION Bank Plc
- Ilaro Poly Micro-Finance Bank
- Access Bank Plc
- Ekuombe Micro Finance Bank
- Zenith Bank Plc
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, ALL TRANSACTIONS MUST BE PROCESSED ON THE REMITA PLATFORM.
NOTE: ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO SUPPLY PERSONAL PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAILS ON THEIR FORMS. HOWEVER NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION SHALL BE VIA THE INSTITUTION’S WEBSITE.
General Information For ND Part-Time Programmes
- All candidates are expected to consult the institution’s prospectus on the website or in hard copy to ascertain their qualification for courses for which they are applying.
- Candidates should not register for courses for which they do not have the requirements.
- The admission of the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro is provisional; ANYTIME it is discovered that a candidate registered for a programme for which he/she is not qualified or a candidate is in violation of any of the procedures and rules thereof, the admission would be withdrawn.
Entrance examination dates for ND (Part-Time) Programmes will be announced later on the institution’s website.
Venue for all entrance examinations is the Polytechnic ICT Unit, West Campus. Time: 10.00 a.m. each day.
Note: All entrance examinations are computer based
ALL HND AND ND APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO VISIT THE INSTITUTION’S WEBSITE FROM TIME TO TIME FOR INSTRUCTIONS, UPDATES AND NOTIFICATIONS.
Mrs A. F. Osore