The sales of forms for admission into the School of Health Information Management (SHIM), Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex(OAUTHC), Ile-Ife for the 2018/2019 academic session is currently underway.
- Interested candidates must have sat for the UTME examination.
- They also must have obtained five (5) O’Level credits at not more than two sittings in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and Chemistry to be eligible to apply.
NOTE: In addition to the requirements stated above, the final admission into the school shall be based upon the JAMB-UTME approved cut-off marks as will be decided by JAMB for Polytechnics, Monotecnics and Colleges of Education in the 2018/2019 academic session.
Qualifications Required for Entry
- Candidates seeking ND admission must have obtained the minimum entry requirements of five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in the WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB in the following subjects listed below:
(i) English Language
(v) Any other subject such as Physics, Agric Science, Geography and Economics.
- Candidates are required to must have sat for the 2018 JAMB examination and must meet the cut-off points (as stipulated by JAMB) and had chosen the school as their first choice in JAMB applications.
- Candidates intending to pursue the 2-year HND programme must have obtained in addition to 5 credits at O’levels, the National Diploma Certificate (not below Lower Credit) in Health Information Management, together with an evidence of completion of one year (compulsory) Industrial Attachment in a reputable health institution.
- Professional Diploma/Technician Certificate in Health Information Management by HRORBN can also apply for HND programme.
- Pregnancy is not allowed during training.
- Selection of candidates will be based on the possession of requisite academic qualifications, good performance in both the written examination and oral interview.
- The ND applicants will be tested in the written examination in the following subjects:
- English Language
- General paper
- For the HND programme, applicants will be tested in the following:
- English Language
- Health Records Management
- Statistics and
- Knowledge of Medical Terminologies.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass the medical fitness examination.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Payment should be made through REMITTA, payable to OAUTHC, Ile-Ife account. On presentation of the evidence of payment, application forms are to be collected from;
School of Health Information Management, Obafemi Awolowo University Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife, P. M. B. 5538, Ile Ife, Osun State.
- ND applicants are to pay a non refundable fee of two thousand naira (#2,000)
- HND applicants are to pay six thousand naira (#6,000)
Completed application forms must be returned to the Ag. Head of School on or before 22nd August, 2018.
Screening and Interview
The screening exercise will come up on Wednesday, the 28th day of August, 2018 by 9 am while the Interview will hold on Thursday 29th August, 2018.