Requirements/Qualifications for NDDC Scholarship 2023/2024: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is launching a Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme as part of its Human Resource Development Initiatives to provide Niger Deltans with the education and training they need to participate in the local content program of the current administration and to compete internationally in a wide range of professional fields.
Requirements/Qualifications for NDDC Scholarship 2023/2024
To equip our youth to participate in the Federal Government’s local content program activities and to allow them to specialize in their fields of study in preparation for international competition in a wide range of professional disciplines, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has relaunched its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme.
If an applicant passes the requirements and holds an applicable bachelor’s degree from an approved university, they are eligible for the program in the following fields:
Note: The current Naira exchange rate will determine the foreign scholarship amount.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software/Aeronautic Space/Aeronautic Engineering
- Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
NDDC Scholarship for Undergraduate
If you are interested in applying for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) undergraduate scholarship in 2023, but the application portal has not yet opened, please contact us. We will let you know as soon as it does.
Requirement/Qualification for NDDC scholarship
Candidates are required to meet all of the following requirements:
- A first degree with a minimum of a second class-lower division for those intending to pursue a Master’s degree.
- Applicants must have been accepted into a Postgraduate Programme in any of the subjects mentioned above at a foreign university.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in universities abroad are ineligible to apply.
- A written agreement of the applicant’s good behavior from any of the following members of the applicant’s Community/Clan.a) National Assembly/State House of Assembly member
a) LGA Chairman
c) Traditional ruler of the first class
d) Supreme Court Justice
- Individuals with a history of cult participation or a criminal record will not be considered.
- Applicants must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), which is required.
- All applicants must be a resident of the Niger Delta Region (Rivers State, Abia State, Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State, Imo State, or Ondo State.)
Postgraduate Study Requirements for the NDDC Scholarship
Online application via the Commission’s website or click here.
- Candidates are selected based on their WASSCE or NECO undergraduate degree (1st/Second Upper).
- Consultants will administer Local Government Identification.
- Each Niger Delta state will have a computer-based test. English, maths, and general paper I.Q. will be tested.
- A minimum test score of 70% is required.
- Only the most competent candidates will be considered.
- The Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees will conduct the final verification stage.
How to Apply for the NDDC Scholarship
It is straightforward to apply for the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Applications must be submitted online at the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng) and include the following attachments:
Local Government Identification Letter with a recent passport photograph
Admission letter to a reputable overseas university for postgraduate studies. Degrees from reputable universities are required.
Certificate of Discharge/Exemption from NYSC.
- Applicants who complete the application form will be granted a registration number.
- For future reference, print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment.
- All applicants who have been shortlisted will be listed on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng).
For further information, please contact:
- NDDC Education Director on +234(0)9137806550 mobile
- Foreign.[email protected] is the email address.
NB: Citizens of Niger Delta State can earn a Master’s or Doctorate from an international institution thanks to the Niger Delta Development Commission.
Recipients must be citizens of the Niger Delta States, have completed their mandatory military duty, and be in the upper half of their graduating class for their first degree.
Candidates from Oil Producing hosts/Communities/Local Government Areas will be given preference if they meet the authorized cut-off point.
The Commission will guarantee that each state’s beneficiaries receive an equitable course distribution.
Deferment, change of institution, and change, of course, are all prohibited.
The Commission reserves the sole and entire right to select based on the criteria above and internal considerations. The Commission’s decision in this regard is final.
I hope this article was helpful. Please do well to share with friends using any of our handles below.