Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into her Part-Time (Weekend) programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification. Theses awards will be for programmes in the schools listed below;
(1) School Of Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering with options in:
(i) Electrical Power and Machines
(ii) Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
(iii) Instrumentation and Control, Mechanical Engineering with options in:
(a) Plant and Power Engineering Technology,
(b) Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
(2) School Of Pure And Applied Science
- Computer Science
(3) School Of Management Studies
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Management and Marketing
Duration Of Programmes
6 Semesters in 24 calendar months
NOTE: GRADUANDS OF HND PART-TIME AND/OR WEEKEND PROGRAMMES ARE ONLY ENTITLED TO EXCLUSION CERTIFICATE FROM THE NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS.
HND Weekend Entry Requirements (General)
- National Diploma not below Lower Credit (with CGPA not less than 2.50) and basic requirements for the National Diploma Programme in the discipline. However, candidates with PASS may be considered for HND Weekend programme after a minimum of two (2) calendar years of relevant post National Diploma (ND) Industrial experience.
- Possession of the specific SSC requirements i.e WAEC/NECO/NABTEB/GCE O’level for the course for which the candidate is applying.
- Good performance in the screening exercise to be conducted by the Polytechnic.
- Minimum of One Calendar year Post National Diploma relevant Industrial Experience.
- Candidate’s National Diploma academic transcript should be sent by the ND awarding institution under confidential cover to: The Registrar, The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro.
- ADMITTED CANDIDATES SHALL NOT BE REGISTERED BEFORE RECEIPT OF ND ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT
NOTE: ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO UPLOAD CLEAR AND READABLE COPIES OF THEIR CREDENTIALS. CANDIDATES WHOSE UPLOADED CREDENTIALS ARE NOT EASILY READABLE WOULD FORFEIT THEIR ADMISSION.
How To Apply
To obtain the admission form, follow the procedure below;
- Visit the Institution’s website www.federalpolyilaro.edu.ng or www.federalpolytechnicilaro.net
- Click on portal.
- On the portal, click on Applicant, then click on Generate Invoice.
- Take the invoice to any of the designated banks for payment.
- Return to the portal, click on Applicant, then click fill application form and fill the form following on-screen instructions.
Note: that the invoice and RRR must be obtained in the name of the applicant; the invoice must first be generated from the Portal. The Invoice contains the RRR to be processed. The institution shall not be liable for complications that may arise when RRR is generated and payment is processed without going through the Portal.
The authorized banks for this exercise are:
- United Bank For Africa (UBA) Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- SKYE Bank Plc
- UNION Bank Plc
- Ilaro Poly Micro-Finance Bank
- Access Bank Plc
- Ekuombe Micro Finance Bank
- Zenith Bank Plc
Enquiries are to be directed to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening Exercise Requirements
All HND (Full Time and Part-Time Weekend) candidates are required to bring the following to the screening centre:
- Two (2) copies of printouts of the acknowledgement and examination slips.
- Biro for filling attendance sheet.
Screening exercise for HND (Part-Time weekend) Programmes, First Batch will hold on July 28th, 2018.
General Information For HND Programmes
- All candidates are expected to consult the institution’s prospectus on the website or in hard copy to ascertain their qualification for courses for which they are applying.
- Candidates should not register for courses for which they do not have the requirements.
- The admission of the Federal Polytechnic Ilaro is provisional; ANYTIME it is discovered that a candidate registered for a programme for which he/she is not qualified or a candidate is in violation of any of the procedures and rules thereof, the admission would be withdrawn.
- ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO UPLOAD CLEAR AND READABLE COPIES OF THEIR CREDENTIALS.
- ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO SUPPLY PERSONAL PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAILS ON THEIR FORMS. HOWEVER NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION SHALL BE VIA THE INSTITUTION’S WEBSITE.
Venue For Screening Exercise
Venue of the screening exercise is the Polytechnic ICT Unit, West Campus. Time: 10.00 a.m. each day.
N.B. The entrance examination is computer based.
All applicants are advised to visit the institution’s website from time to time for instructions, updates and notifications.
Mrs. A. F. Osore