This is to inform all prospective candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2018 (Second Series), that the registration has commenced today, the 14th of May, 2018.
Candidates should also note that the 2018 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
As earlier stated above, registration commences today, Monday, May 14,2018. Registration will end on Friday, July 6, 2018.
How To Apply
Candidates are to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only to obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD. This payment is to be made at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent:
- Access Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Ecobank Ltd
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
Also, candidates will have to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission fee to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
Candidates With Special Needs
Method of registration for candidates with special needs is no different from other candidates. However, they must clearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
- Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period.
- They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct.
- They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination.
- The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card.
- Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from the WAEC website; (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and/or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.