Are you leaving secondary school soon or have you left already? I’m sure you must have plans of furthering your education by getting admitted into one of the tertiary institutions in the country.
If so, then it would interest you to know that there are certain requirements which you have to meet for starters. There are five admission requirements for secondary school leavers, who are seeking admission into tertiary institutions.
These requirements are clearly stated below;
- Admission into full-time undergraduate programmes is ONLY gained through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE).
- You must possess five (5) credits in O/Level or its equivalent as required by the Department of interest.
- It is necessary that you obtain a minimum of 200 points in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Candidate’s details must have been forwarded to University of Lagos by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- You must sit for POST-UTME Screening and must obtain the required minimum score. However, for the 2018 admission processes, Post-UTME screening exercise may not hold (seeing as the Post-UTME exercise has been declared illegal by the Abuja Federal High Court) across the country.
- You must have reached the age of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
These are the basic requirements at the moment. If any changes be made at any time, those changes will be updated here.