The NYSC green card is an important slip that you have to print from the NYSC portal after registration. It is proof that you have finalized the online process and have fully registered. This means you can now take part in the NYSC program. The Green Card has some vital data about you, like name, passport photograph, date of birth, state of origin, and course of study.
Why is Green Card important for NYSC corps members?
The green card is important because, without it, you can’t take part in the NYSC program. And not participating in the NYSC disqualifies you from seeking a job in Nigeria. Furthermore, the Green Card is a piece of solid evidence that you have satisfied the minimum requirements for taking part in the program.
This article will show you all you need to know about the NYSC green card. I will share information about the eligibility criteria, the process of application, and the benefits of getting the Green Card.
How to get your NYSC Green Card
To be eligible to print the NYSC Green Card from the portal, you have to finalize the NYSC online registration. You need to pay the necessary fees and get your call-up number.
The NYSC Green card should be printed from the NYSC Portal. It is only accessed at the time of online registration. Here are other steps involved in getting your NYSC Green Card:
- Access portal.nysc.org.ng.
- Sign in to your NYSC account with your account details (email address and password”. Select “Resume.”
- If you have successfully login, select “Print Slip.”
- Hold on for a while as you are redirected to the NYSC PDF page. Now you can preview the NYSC green card slip and print it.
- Click the print icon at the top right corner to print the slip. However, if you wish to download the slip to your mobile device or PC, click the download icon.
To print your NYSC Green Card, you will need to upload a valid identification document (like a National Identity Number slip or international passport), academic transcripts and passport photos.
Sample of NYSC Green Card
Here’s a sample of the NYSC Green Card:
You can see the following details:
- NYSC insignia with NYSC letterhead that shows the address of their head office. You will also find your batch and your service year.
- Personal data such as your full name, birth date, local government area, gender, state of origin, place of birth, marital status and physical challenges. Your passport photos are also shown clearly on the document.
- Your address and contact information.
- Full information about next of kin.
- Your academic credentials and background.
- The specification information on your kits.
- And lastly, the “corps member signature & date.” In this space, you will have to pen your signature as the document owner.
What Next After Getting The NYSC Green Card Slip Printout?
Now that you finally have the NYSC Green Card slip printout, you are expected to sign it and submit the signed copy to the NYSC camp. It is also wise to photocopy the signed copy and submit it to your institution.
NYSC green card is an important document that you will need as a prospective corps member. You have to ensure you satisfy the criteria and offer valid data and information during the online application process. If you encounter challenges or difficulties during the registration process, ensure you seek support and advice from the NYSC helpline or visit the nearest NYSC state secretariat for assistance. Furthermore, you can also get solutions or experienced corps members or make enquires from online forums and communities for tips and advice.